Monday, June 16, 2008

J'adore Paris

Phew! I'm back.

It was a long and wonderful trip. Now that I'm home and can look back on it fondly. The bad days we experienced don't seem so bad and the good memories are in full effect. I caught the cold of my lifetime on day three, but kept trooping on. I sprained my pinky toe after a fall in the rain and my mother fell up the stairs upon exiting the metro once. She and my youngest sister got robbed in a movie theater and we missed a connecting train the day we visited Normandy, but other than these few things we had a fantastic trip. I'll just jump right into the pictures because thats the best way to tell the story.

We arrived in Paris early in the morning, and after being driven to our hotel we spruced ourselves up and headed out to see the city. We all felt like death after 24 hours of traveling but knew that we had to keep going in order to help acclimate.

I was the navigational director for our vacation because most of my family is geographically dyslexic, so with maps in hand we set out on a walk to tour our neighborhood.

The weather was overcast like below up until our eighth day, which didn't make for the best photo taking conditions, but at least it wasn't scorchingly hot.


We started out at Musee de L'Armee and Hotel des Invalides = military type museums.

We saw lots of relics from the middle ages all the way up to WWII stuff. A main highlight was viewing Napoleon's tomb.

From there we headed to the Musee Rodin where we viewed The Thinker among other great works.

On my first trip to Paris back in highschool I only got to view The Thinker from a bus window as we drove by the garden where it is located. It was a treat to see it up close and personal this time. The museum gardens were full of roses. Paris is a great place for flower lovers.

At this point we all ventured back near our hotel for dinner and then proceeded to crash and went right to bed. This is where I'll leave you for know. Day two was a very eventful day and requires its own post.


3 comments:

Chandle said...

wow, your trip sounds crazy. I can't believe your mom and sis got robbed! We're glad you're home!

katandkarl said...

oh yea! great pics. can't wait to see more!

Elizabeth Spann said...

OOoooooh the anticipation of next post! ;) So glad you guys got home safe and had a great time. I need more info about this robbery! Hope your toe feels better- we can be gimps together. The pictures are great! We want more.
Can't wait to see your European self, friend!