Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shoot me now. Just go ahead and get it over with.

I'm embarking on a new form of torture thought up for my by the people who run p-school. I'm sitting here waiting for my 2:20 appointment at the clinincal skills center where I'll be taken in and presented with a mock patient case. Then I'll be given ten minutes to prepare after which I'll enter an exam room and converse with either a patient or a doctor (actors) about the case I was just presented. Oh yeah, and they film us during this lovely session of make-believe. And I have to do it twice. I'm not being graded for todays session which takes a little of the anxiety off. This one is just practice for the real session in Dec. where we'll have to do six patient cases and it counts for a sizable portion of our grade in therapeutics. It's just freaking me out that I'm gonna be filmed. Too much pressure! They said it would get easier our third year. They lied.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Gooooooood luck! You'll be great! ;)
We do something sort of like that too, where we get filmed. It's so scary. Breathe! You can do it!

melissa said...

good gravy! that sounds pretty intense... good luck girly!

Chandle said...

You will be great! Don't worry.

kristen said...

i miss leah