Sunday, August 16, 2009

Your call is important to us. Please remain on the line. A representative will be with you shortly.

I can't shake the feeling that my life is on hold. Interning is a little more involved than I originally expected. Maybe it stems from the fact that I didn't get summer off or that, because of my hosital job, I have to work 12 days in a row every two weeks. I don't know. I'm not all sad and stuff...just kind of annoyed and frustrated. I like having me time where I can relax and work on little projects or read or cook or clean or whatever. I need that kind of stuff to "re-charge." I've also been involved in this school game for almost the past five years. I certainly don't regret it and am excited for what I'm about to accomplish...I'm just ready for the next chapter of my little story is all.

Let's turn my frown upside down...with a list, of course!

A couple things I'm looking forward too next summer:
  • Earning a salary again. It's been too many years living on a college budget, especially since those days of drawing a paycheck are still fresh on my mind.
  • Being able to plan, pay for and enjoy traveling/vacations. (So, so, so looking forward to this!)
  • Getting back some me time.
  • Feeling like an "official" adult.
  • Having the time/financial means to really give back...both physically and monetarily.
  • Getting a new car (not because I don't love you little 15 year old Camry...(translation: please don't die over the next 10 months!))
  • Taking pride in all the sweat and tears I've put into earning the "Dr." that will go in front of my little name. Heck yes. :)

2 comments:

melissa said...

awwww... i love the upbeat list!!! for sure for sure for SURE it will all be worth it, but i understand that stagnant feeling. BOO. can you steal some "me" time? i mean like, hide under your desk and paint your toenails or something? :)

Elizabeth Spann said...

I completely agree with you! I am so anxious to be DONE with school, especially now that classes are over- can't they just go ahead and say we can be grown-ups now? ;) We can do it!