Monday, June 14, 2010

Just another cog in the wheel

I didn't intend for the title to sound so depressing. Things are really going quite well with the new jobby-job. I will admit, though, that I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I've become a piece of a corporate machine.

Don't get me wrong. I realize that hospitals are also run with a business model in mind. The corporate stuff is just a little more in your face when you work big-box retail pharmacy. But like I said, things are still going great. Everyone I've met has been exceedingly friendly and they have not been bothered by my multitude of questions. Once I get settled in and feel comfortable with the whole retail way of pharmacy (b/c it's WAY different than hospital pharmacy), I have a feeling I'm gonna be quite happy with my decision.

It's back up to Springfield for a few days for some more training (and maybe a little detour to the outlet mall in Branson on the way!). All the while I'm furiously trying to cram in as much studying and review as humanly possible without losing my mind, because my board exam is only 16 short days away!! I'm very much looking forward to getting that beast of a test over with and then settling into a new routine as I adjust to being back in the working world.