Sunday, July 30, 2006

Back, Back, Back Again

It's a miracle! We FINALLY have internet in the house. Thank the lord!

It's been a whirlwind weekend. Friday and Saturday during the day were spent getting ready for the housewarming/welcome home party, which turned out to be a smashing success if I do say so myself. I had a great time and I think everyone else did too. Almost all of the food got eaten which is always a good sign.

On a funny note, I did take some pictures but they don't include any people...just food. I'm sure others will post some people pics on their blogs.

Here's what we ate:














Cheese Ravioli in Marinara















Marinated Cheese















Honeydew Melon wrapped in Proscuitto















Italian Meatballs















A Fruit Plate (made by Brooke)















Seven-Layer Italian Dip















Bruschetta (Blue made this...what a guy!)















Roasted Cherry Tomatoes stuffed with Pesto




















Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
Grapes, Figs, and Chocolate covered Strawberries
Ginger Star Cookies















Buttermilk Cake with chocolate and strawbery filling iced in Almond buttercream and topped with chocolate covered strawberries

Yum-ola! I had a blast putting it all together and I can't wait to do it again.

5 comments:

the gloria family said...

the party was a great success and the food was frickin delicious. i took that cake to jr at work. everyone there got a sliver. they could not stop talking about how much they loved it. good job, leah!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Mmm it was fantastic! I had a blast!! Let's do it again some time. We'll let you rest first. :)

Unknown said...

delicioso!

katandkarl said...

love the pics! if only i could reach thru the screen for JUST ONE MORE TASTE! :)

Susan said...

Oh my gosh. Did you have this catered? I know you didn't, just thought that'd comment would illustrate how impressed I am!