Tuesday, October 24, 2006

You'll Have to Excuse My Recent Absence. I've Been Lost in a Biochemistry Blackhole for the Past Week and a Half.

(Sigh.) This semester is really starting to weigh on me. Procrastination has become rampant and I'm also starting to feel apathetic. Not a good combination, especially when there are a few classes that I'm kind of not passing or about to be not passing. (Double sigh.) This is too hard.

Well that's my pity party for the day. I'm loving the weather and I've only got about 8 weeks of the semester left, which is very exciting. My sisters are visiting from Colorado during Thanksgiving and Christmas is almost here (one of my favorite holidays)! At least everything's not bad.

Interesting fact for the day:
When cheese gets digested in our stomachs, the casein (proteins) in it gets turned into an opiate derivative. No wonder we all like it so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm the power of cheese. MISS YOU Leah. I'm almost done with volleyball (this is my last week!), so CALL ME when you can hang out sometime. I'm starting to get a withdrawal tic...

the gloria family said...

i knew there had to be an explanation for my love affair with cheese. thank you pharmacist leah.

Unknown said...

i'm so not surprised. cheese+brooke=love

though i have been cutting down on my "cheese and crackers". cholesterol overload. whatever, i still put it ON everything anyway...

Chandle said...

It's going to be okay. I feel the apathy, I think it's the rain. I keep getting excited about how soon I get to have Christmas break, and then I panic about all the papers that are due between now and then. I am NEVER taking 6 graduate classes at once EVER AGAIN!