Friday, August 10, 2007

The Great Homeland

Turns out I picked the perfect time to leave the south this past week...right when the August heat wave decides to show. I left this past Sat. for a last minute trip to Minnesota and Wisconsin to visit my families lake home (Mom's side), see my Dad, and do some good ole' shopping at the Mall of America. What a blast! My sister has all the photos on her camera, so I'll have to show you those later.

The lake was nice and peaceful and I got to spend lots of time with my twin 18-month old cousins. They're adorable and they even know sign language...genius! What a fantastic idea....teach your babies, who can't speak properly yet, a way to communicate with you. I'm surprised more people don't do it. I'm definitely filing that one away on the to do list.

The mall was a complete shop-a-thon experience. We spent a solid twelve hours shopping on Wed. We barely fit all our purchases in our luggage. It was intense. I also saw The Bourne Ultimatum with my dad while we were visiting. If you're a Bourne fan, you won't be dissappointed. I recommend it for sure.

2 comments:

melissa said...

family fun time! that's awesome. and yes, you picked the PERFECT time to be somewhere else. : ) 12 hours in a mall?!? i think i'd go bananas.

Chandle said...

That sounds wonderful. Welcome back to temperatures that compete with hell.