Friday, July 27, 2007

At least it hasn't been a month this time

Good news:


My brother flew in from Germany last night safe and sound. Don't have many trip details or pics yet because he'd been up for over 36 hours traveling. We're hanging out tonight though and I can't wait.

Bad news:


The kitchen is not finished, so that means I don't have any pics to show you. All of the painting is done, but the hinges for all of the cabinet doors don't fit properly by like a MILLIMETER (that's me yelling my frustration out). We're off today to go try and find some that will work, so until then I'll show the lovely discovery of the original cabinet finish I found when I pulled down the so very attractive fruit wallpaper. MMmmm. Seventies fugliness.




Good news:

Miss Elizabeth was just accepted into her school psychology graduate program. They only except a handful of people. Congratulation to her! Also, Miss Chandle returns to the U.S. in only a few short days. We wish you safe and speedy travel.

Bad news:

I accidentally stabbed a 16-gauge needle (that's big for a hypodermic needle...think the diameter of a piece of cooked spaghetti ) through the my thumb the other day at work. Umm, yeah. It hurt really baldly. Luckily I was working with a concentrated antibiotic solution right before it happened, so the wound stayed nice and germ free. It was pretty gross though. It happend when I was putting the cap back on the needle so that I could remove it because we have to show the pharmacists the syringe we used after we've made the IV's (when you use needles on actual patients you obviously don't do this because of the danger bodily fluids). I felt that I had missed the cap and gone straight through my thumb before I had time to stop it. The worst part was having to remove it...though the bleeding was pretty bad too. No. I take that back. The worst part was having to finish the rest of the day with a very painful thumb that I had to continue to use to draw up syringes. Yeah, I didn't stop bleeding till I got home later that afternoon because of all the pushing and pulling that I kept doing on the wound. Have a look if your curious:

Good News:

I finished HP yesterday. Loved it! Totally the best of the seven. I'll leave it at that for any who haven't made it to the end yet.

Have a lovely Friday!

5 comments:

kristen said...

ouch!!!!!!!! sorry you got hurt that looks painful

Elizabeth Spann said...

YOWZA, that looks like it hurt!!!!! Eeeeeeeeek! Sorry, lovey!
Thanks for the shoutout, friend!
Your kitchen will end up looking great.

Chandle said...

You should warn people before posting that. Ouch. That is why I can never ever,ever be a nurse. I'm sorry you got stabbed. I'm comin home. Whoo hoo

melissa said...

your thumbie looks so sad.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Where, oh where, has my friend Leah gone??
I want to see "after" pictures. Or I want to see it in person. I miss you!