Thursday, July 12, 2007

Okay, okay. I get the hint.

Yeah, so I was shocked when Chandle pointed out that it has almost been a month since I posted anything! I don't think I've ever gone that long. I could blame it on a list of things, but I won't cause that would ultimately be boring conversation, so I'll just say that I'll try to get back into the swing of things from here on out.

Umm, has anyone noticed that I only have five weeks of summer vacation left????? I hadn't until just now and it kind of freaks me out. I'm not ready to go back to school yet, people. I feel like I just left. I think it's more of an anxiety issue because last semester was really hard and I amost didn't make it in one class. I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I made it through the first year, so I can make it through the second year too.
What have I been up to lately you may be wondering? Mainly work. Okay, almost completely, exclusively work. I won't lie. I've been working a lot more than I expected too, but I like my job and the people I work with, so aside from taking over the majority of my summer, it's been a good experience. We've been doing lots of out-doorsy stuff on the weekends over the past couple weeks and I've managed to take a few photos. Have a look see.

Almost four weeks ago we met up with some old buddies from the UCA under-grad. days for a weekend of camping and floating on the Buffalo river. Funnily enough this is the only pic I took while there.

Artistic genius I say. I did manage, however, to acquire a lovely little sunburn...one of the worst in my life. It even blistered and then became this grotesque peeling, itchy nightmare. Here's phase one and phase two of it. (P.S. Hold your lunch.)



The next weekend I attended Brooke and Trev's house warming party, which was lovely. Brooke made lots of delicious food and I'm sure we turned up the heat in their new dwelling. Then it was off to the Little Red River to meet up with my sisters Katie and Ashley (in visiting from Denver) and Step-Dad for the day to do some trout fishing. I would have had a great picture of me holding an enormous trout that I caught but as my step-dad was handing it to me it flopped itself right out of the boat. Alas!

This past weekend Blue and I went back to camp at the Buffalo with my sister Katie and her boyfriend who was visiting from Colorado. We had great weather, especially for sleeping cause it cooled down at night up there. Katie and Andy went kayaking the next day and Blue and I moved on over to Sylamore creek for some swimming and fishing and fun....And! I took pictures there.

Our lovely little camp site right on the water.

Mo's camp site:


This is my new favorite picture of us:

So, there you have it...the last four weeks of my life in a nutshell. I have a lot of new garden photos too, but I'll save those for another day. I've also had a very strong remodeling itch that needs to be scratched, and I've got a nice four days in a row off coming up next week so look forward to some pictures of a snazzy new kitchen in the new future.

Also, I have a doctors appointment next week on Thursday that has me a little stressed because it's concerning a medical thing that could potentially be bad. I know I'm being vague, but I don't want to go into detail just in case it turns out to be nothing...but just in case it doesn't it would mean a lot to me if you crossed your fingers for me that day. Love you guys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh the buffalo looks like fun. i miss going there. welcome to the major sunburn club. i know it is no fun. p.s. i hope everything is ok. i'll be thinking of you. p.p.s. when are we going to hang out?

Leah Billings said...

ASAP!! (That goes for everyone else too.) I'm feeling totally socially mal-nourished. I'm not working this weekend or next weekend, so I'm up for anything.

melissa said...

1) OUCH that sunburn looks painful.
2) looks like you've had a lot to say. don't be shy, now. : )
3) i hope you're all right. fingers crossed. and toes.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ahhhh Leah, hello! I have missed you like everything! Please, let's get together yeah yeah yeah (like The Parent Trap!) soon! I have no plans. I hope everything's ok too.......... I love me some Leah.
Your sunburn hurt me. Yowza. Love that pic of you and Blue. Cutest.

Chandle said...

I'm sure you're fine Leah. You had a broken back once and you made it. Besides, you're super woman. It looks like you're having a good summer. By the way, you and Blue look super cute.