Friday, July 20, 2007

Good news and good news.

So, I had the doctors appointment yesterday and I was fantastically given a clean bill of health! Yay! It's a huge weight off my shoulders. Without given too much info., it was, in a nutshell, a cancer scare. All of the imaging and tests that they ran came back negative, though. What a relief!

To celebrate I took a little shopping trip to the new Fresh Market in west LR. If you haven't been you should definitely go. It was my third time there and it is still as exciting as the first. Maybe it's just cause I'm a foodie, but I still think most people can find something new and fun there. It is a little pricey, so don't go there expecting to do your normal grocery shopping, but it's definitely worth a trip to buy stuff for a special dinner (and the also have a bulk candy bar!!! Yes, I have a serious sweet tooth. I'm not too proud to admit it.). I picked up a wild caught sashimi grade tuna steak that I season with ginger and lemon and pan-seared for a minute on each side. Along with it we had a lightly dressed ceasar salad (because heavily dressed ceasars are just pretentious and obnoxious...in my humble opinion) and I also picked up an excellent loaf of ciabatta that we dipped in some olive oil (like at Macaroni grill). To accompany the fish I had a glass of my new favorite wine: Oroya. It's billed as a sushi wine. A japanese company makes it from Spanish grapes and I love it. If you like summery white wines that aren't too sweet or too dry, try it. We picked it up at Colonial the other day. To finish off the meal I whipped up a milk chocolate mousse and threw on some fresh organic raspberries from the market. What a meal! It was the perfect way to celebrate.

In other news: The kitchen remodel is in full effect. I'm gonna have to work my tush off to get all the painting done this weekend (the tile back-splash is gonna have to wait), but I hope to have pictures for you next week.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hoooooooray, Leah! I'm so glad to hear that everything is ok! Love you muchly!
Your dinner sounds absolutely fantastic. Mmmmmmm my stomach just growled. Gonna make some toast now. Not quite as good!

kristen said...

yay i'm so glad you are ok! that dinner sounds delish.

melissa said...

leah i'm so glad you're okay. health scares are the pits. in other news, YUMMO that food sounds delicious. maybe we can hang out soon and you can show me how to make something fancier than pb & j. : )

Chandle said...

I"m glad you're okay. I freakin hate cancer scares. They just throw that word around. Your dinner sounds perfect. I am really jealous. You're the best cook I know.