Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm craving the smell of cold air

I'm at work waiting to go home. I've got an hour left. It's 10PM. That's one of the bad things about working at a hospital...they never close.

I'm heading to St. Louis tomorrow with Jill to visit Peter and I'm very excited because the weather there is supposed to be slightly cooler (read low 90's...nothing amazing but any little bit helps). This super hot weather lately is killing me. I'm starting to get the fall itch. When I was putting some syringes away in the freezer earlier I smelled a hint of "winter smell." I can't wait for the season to change!!

I was also thinking earlier about winning the lottery. I started to wonder if I would quit my job. I'm pretty sure I'd finish out p-school because I not going to have done all this hard-a@@ work for nothing....but would I work after that??? It's hard to say. I might give it a try and see if I like it. Would you quit your job if you came into a large sum of money? And if you (or me, or anyone) says no, what does that mean? Does that mean you are not doing what you are "supposed to be" doing? Not really trying to get all philosophical or anything, just kind of speaking in stream of consciousness cause I'm bored. Oh heck, I'm pretty sure I'd start up a bakery either way just like I'm going to end up doing anyway one day, so there, question answered I suppose.

4 comments:

Chandle said...

I hear ya, this heat is brutal. To answer your question, I would totally quit my job and just volunteer. It's kinda my dream to be able to just volunteer. I've been trying to do that for the last few years, but it's kinda hard to eat or pay rent. Hooray for posting!

Unknown said...

Dang. Chandle totally stole my answer. I think about this question ALL the time. Which, I believe, says more about me not liking work in the "traditional" sense, rather than not liking my job. I would absolutely quit working, and I would spend my time volunteering on my own schedule.

melissa said...

i think i would totally not work if i won the lottery. i'd try to conserve the money to make sure that it lasted the rest of my lifetime (and my loved ones' lifetimes, too), and i'd go where i wanted and do what i wanted every minute of every day. and if i ever got bored, i'd work GRATIS at your bakery. : )

Maria said...

I miss the smell of MN winter... the snow... crisp coldness... frozen nostrils after 3 seconds. LOL!