Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Run Down

Things that are bad:

-My yahoo e-mail has apparently been hacked. If you get any weird looking e-mails from "me" @yahoo.com don't open 'em.

-My "lower back injury from like five years ago never ending annoyance" has reared its ugly head again...and this time its something new. I usually just have a stiffness and muscle spasm flare every few months, but this time it decide to show up as nerve pain. Blah. Picture lightning bolt shooting from my lower back through one or both hips down one or both legs with. every. step. It's been bad for about a week now. Surely it'll let up soon, right?

-I start interning in June and I'm starting to feel like I don't know ANYthing. What happened to all the stuff I've crammed into my head over the last three years? I don't know. I can't find it.... I've heard this is normal at this point in my schooling though, so I'm gonna try not to worry too much about it.

Things that are good:

-I learned at the start of this semester that I can purchase and download books onto my PDA and then read during class instead of sitting there drooling in utter boredom. I like to think of it as my own little ghetto Kindle. It feels great to get back into reading seeing as I haven't read for pleasure for any good chunk of time in at least the last couple years. Speaking of, read any good books lately?? I'm about to start "In the Woods," but am always looking for the next to add to the list since I spend at least three hours in class a day (=reading)...I go through them pretty quick.

-LOST is FINALLY on TV tonight. My sisters are coming over to watch and we're going to eat popcorn and it will be fantastic.

-I think I'm gonna go get a new phone today! This excites me immensely. It will be the first phone I've ever shelled out some real dough for (singing in head: "I'm a big kid now!" from the pull-ups commercial).

2 comments:

melissa said...

1. you should DEFINITELY go to a doctor or something for your nerve pain, yes? that's scary. i'm sorry to hear it. :(
2. don't worry about remembering all your stuff... i have a theory that most schooling is that way, and it's the practice and useful application at the place at which you are employed that will stick.
3. good books good books: "bel canto" by ann pritchett, "ishmael" by daniel quinn (if you haven't already read it), and anything by richard russo. they're slooooow to start, but so worth it.
4. i like that you're updating more. :)
5. march 4th, 7pm, cw. are you in?

Elizabeth Spann said...

So sorry that you've got some pain... sounds terrible!

I miss you more than you know. School is killing me now too. And I, also, feel like I should be more ready to go on internship that I think I am... It's scary!