Monday, December 05, 2005

Let the Baking Begin!

Now that the PCAT is over, I'm ready to dive into Christmas preparations. I'm in charge of baking the Christmas cookies for my family's celebrations this year. I'm planning on doing a big tray of several different kinds of unique cookies in order to create a fabulous presentation. The only problem is I have a list of 11 different kinds of cookies and I can't decide which ones to cut. I need your help. They are listed below with a photo of each. Let me know what you think looks good and what you think I should leave out. Yea for Christmas!










Maple Pecan Thumbprints....................................Cranberry Orange Cookies










Creme de Menthe Truffles..............Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars










Chocolate Vanille Creme Cookies.......................Fig Swirls










Elf Bites (shortbread squares w/
colored sprinkles in the dough)........................Cherry Rum Ribbons













Chocolate Peanut Butter
Shortbread.........................................................Almond Wreaths

Vanilla Walnut Shortbread Sticks

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i say: cut the cranberry orange (not so visual and orange baked goods are gross) and the fig swirls (the swirl looks cool, but figs are not!) just my very biased opinion...but holy crap! so many tasty-looking ones! you should do a taste testing and i'll come to conway and eat them...

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hmmm.... tough. I say the maple one. I'm not big on syrup though. They're all so pretty. Definitely keep the pumpkin bars. Tasty!

the gloria family said...

i say cut the almond rings and the elf bites. they are cute but the others seem so fancy. i wish you were making a tray of cookies for my christmas. they look yummy.

Anonymous said...

I am afraid that in order to accurately judge the cookeis I would need to taste them. Therefore you can just send me and Leslie a sample tray with all the cookies present and we will eat them all and let you know. Tough job but someone has to do it!!!

brooke knight said...

they all look really good! i am not making nearly as many varieties myself, but i suggest cutting one or 2 shorbreads since you have a few diff. kinds. yum!

katandkarl said...

yummy. yummy in the tummy!

we should do a blogosphere treat exchange!

Leah Billings said...

That's sounds fun!

emily and eric said...

make them all. what your fam. doesn't eat i will!!!!!

Chandle said...

OH my God, Leah! Girl you are Martha Stewart. I haven't checked your blog in a while and you have been busy. Make the menthe truffles. Just looking at this is making me gain weight.