Friday, February 13, 2009

Anyone need a shot?

Unfortunately I don't mean the alcoholic kind.

Yesterday I got certified to immunize! It was a little nerve racking at first jabbing a needle into my partner's arm (and then her into mine!), but now that I've done it a couple of times it feels like no big deal. Oh, and we were just dosing each other with normal saline, no actual vaccines while we were learning (and using each other as test subjects). I've been begging Blue to let me practice on him to no avail. I guess I can't blame him. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to wait until the next flu season when I'm out interning.

Blah. It's Friday, but since I have to work this weekend it doesn't feel like Friday. It is also the beginning of the "slow" season at the hospital, which means long, slow, boring shifts. I guess I'm glad that I have a job at least. Though there has been talk of cutting back on people's hours...Yikes! When this recession stuff starts to hit the healthcare field you know we're in trouble!!

2 comments:

katandkarl said...

you can shoot me. i feel no pain. ;)

melissa said...

shotttttttts freak me out. but if i have to get one, i will call you first. :)