Monday, March 09, 2009

Just go ahead and put me in traction already.

My spinal flare is gone. Hooray! No more sciatica! It alleviated early last week, and I was thoroughly relieved...

This morning, though, I was sitting at the computer and stretched my arms out and then something made a crinkly popping sound and now my neck and shoulder hurt. Uggh! Enough with the skeleto-muscular pain. I can't stand it anymore. Plus I'm out of naproxen-must get more on the way home from school. It feels like the majority of the pain is coming from my left shoulder where the large tendons are, so at least its not my spine again. Hopefully this will not last very long.

Moving on...

I know I'll probably get some flack for this, but I must say that it fills me with joy that we will be getting some more cold weather toward the end of this week. Don't think that I don't love a beautiful spring day...it's just that the sorrow of losing my beloved wintry cold takes precedence. I will say, though, that the impending springy-ness is exciting in its own right. I'm already getting anxious to plant flowers and watch our gardens flourish and start going to the farmers' market again and getting some sunshine on my skin.

Now I must head to school and read my novel for a few hours....errr, I mean listening intently to my professors lecture on highly important topics...

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Sorry you've been having some back issues! Yucko!
It was so good to see you last week... let's do it again, yes? ;)

melissa said...

i may also be a little bit sort of reluctant to say bye bye to winter for good. please don't tell anyone.

additionally, the word verification right now is "fries." shit. now i want fries.