Thursday, May 28, 2009

I meant to take a vacation....I swear!

So, where to begin? I'm finished with school (woohooooo!) and have been enjoying my 3 weeks of summer vaca before my interning starts next week. I entered into this little break with the hope of chillin' out and taking some time to relax and laze around....but turns out I've been running around like a bullet train for the past two and a half weeks. Luckily I have the next five days before my first rotation to squeeze in some down time and you better believe I'm gonna take full advantage. Here's a run down of what I've been up to lately since I haven't talked to you in so long...in list form, of course!
-School ended on Friday, May 8th. I worked at the pharmacy the next couple days in order to make some dough.

-I left for STL on Wed. with my mother (yes, we drove...yes, it was a long drive) to attend my little bro's graduation from WashU.


-Got back from STL Friday night. Went to my sis Katie's graduation from UAMS College of Nursing on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend hanging with my other sis, Ashley, who was in town from CO.


-My mother hired me to re-wallpaper her master bath which I started on Monday. This involved taking down the old wallpaper (easier than I thought), re-painting the crown moulding, and putting up new paper (which turned out not to be the pre-pasted kind...arrgh!). I was expecting the job to take about 15 hours...ended up taking 25 (finished late Thur. night). If anyone asks you to re-wallpaper a bathroom...RUN...run very far away. (1st pic is post demo, 2nd pic is new stuff)




-Friday was Jill's highschool graduation from Little Rock Christian. Had family in town. Did lots of cooking. Had lots of family drama (but I'll save that for another time). Suffice it to say, she's more than ready to head to college (she's going to Quachita).


-It was back to work on Sat./Sun. I've been getting crap shifts lately because everyone is on vacation. Double Argghh!

-Monday morning I left with my brother to head back to STL to help him move home. We spent a couple days packing and cleaning and ate a final italian meal on The Hill. I headed back to LR yesterday in his car, and he presumably left last night in a U-haul. He stuck around to spend some time with his g-friend. He's happy to be leaving his apartment, but sad to leave her.

-Now I'm home and more than ready to savor these last few days before I have to start showing the world what I've learned over these last three years. Cheers to some Me time!

1 comment:

melissa said...

you cutie patootie. :) um, that bathroom looks INCREDIBLE! please come to game night next week... it'll be a little mid-week vacation for all of us!