Thursday, September 10, 2009

853 miles, 4 tanks of gas, and 14 Sonic cherry limeades later...

I completed rotation #3 in the great little town of...

This turned out to be a great rotation! I never would have thought that I could enjoy working at a little independent retail pharmacy, but I ended up really liking it. Now don't get ahead of yourself and start thinking that I'm gonna go work retail now. I'm still leaning toward the hospital side of the profession, but I must say that if this pharmacy called me up and offered me a job I would give it fair consideration. They basically let me work as a pharmacist at my own little computer entering prescriptions and then sometimes filling them as well. Aside from all the great experience I gained over the month here are a few little observations etc. that I picked up in that little town just southwest of LR about halfway to Pine Bluff:
  • Pharmacy customers in small towns seem to be a lot more pleasant. They tend not to act like a-holes because you usually know who they are.

  • There is nothing decorative about having a fake well in your front yard, but they seem to be very popular in this town.
  • Don't forget your lunch very often because your only options are Sonic, Subway, or Sonic.

  • Dogs here are smart enough to look both ways before crossing the street. (I witnessed it several times!)

  • Some people out there, people that you would never expect, have the biggest hearts in the world.

I'll wrap things up with the best phone call we recieved that month:

Gentleman caller (GC): Do ya'll sell formaldehyde?

Rx: No sir.

GC: Well, do ya'll know where I could get me some 'cause I taxidermied a turkey and I think I left some meat in the wing 'cause its starting to smell pretty bad.

Uhhhh, what? Only in small town AR.

1 comment:

melissa said...

cuuuuute post, lady. love it. :)

i wonder what happened to that guy's turkey...