Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'd give my left ear to go back.

Hawaii was beautiful. We had so much fun. If I'm ever able to have a vacation home somewhere it would be hard to pass up the island of Maui.

We flew all day on Saturday. It was a long flight, but after waking up next to the ocean the next morning it made it all worth it. We stayed in condos on Kaanapali beach on the northwest side of Maui. Here's a view of the resort from the beach:
We lucked out. Out of every condo that my family stayed in (my grandparents took the whole family: 6 separate immediate families) we got the one with the best view. Here's what we got to see from our patio:
On our first morning we went straight down to the beach to hang out for a little bit before a birthday lunch for one of my uncles:

Jill and I were the only kids from our immediate family who were able to go. We missed Peter, Katie and Ashley, but still managed to have some good times. Later that evening on our first night we went to the Old Lahaina Luau:

They had an open bar, the food was delicious and the dancing was very exciting. Some day I'm gonna have to learn how to hula. It was an amazing first day!

Okay, I must go to bed now. More to come.

4 comments:

katandkarl said...

:)

LOOKS AWESOME!!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hey, jealousy!!
You look great in your dresses on the beach! Glad to have you back! Now here's to the end of the semester!
Can't wait to see more pics! ;)

kristen said...

yay pictures! i've been waiting impatiently for these. looks gorgeous. man i miss the beach. can't wait to hear more.

kristen said...

what is the purple stuff on the plate?