Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Why does food taste so good?

I'm home. Back from Minnesota. It was the usual kind of trip: hanging out with the Dad, seeing all the extended family, celebrating small-town 4th of july with a parade, family dinner, and fireworks.

On a side note, I'm totally on a hot dog kick lately, which is weird because I've never been much of a hot dog person. I always go for the hamburger. They certainly have their ick factor, but lately they are all I want when it comes to summer, outdoor, grilling, picnic food (no crude jokes allowed).

While we are on the subject of food, I'm milling around the idea of starting a separate food blog or at least committing to doing a weekly food post featuring the stuff I've made that week. The only problem is photos. Food styling takes effort and time and when I'm cooking and start thinking about doing a post about it I always get lazy and don't take pictures. I want to start making an effort to pictorially document my most fun hobby because I love to share ideas and get opinions and such. Like take this week...I could have a totally fun food post if I'd just taken some pics because so far I've made:

-buffalo chicken strips with buttermilk blue cheese and chive dip

-grill eggplant and portabello salad with fresh mozzarella

-creme brulee (with vanilla beans from France!)

-twice-baked potatoes with roasted red pepper, corn, and cheddar cheese

-and I have plans later in the week for some steaks with blue cheese butter and a roasted chicken

I just love making things with food. I gonna consider this a little more. If I really wanna do it I'll just have to make the time for photos to share. Too bad blogger doesn't have scent sharing. Now that would be fun.

3 comments:

melissa said...

holy frijole, the chicken strips sound AMAZING. definitely post some pics... : )

Chandle said...

yum yum yum, you're killin me. I want to be your taste tester.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Yay! Glad you're gonna come over Thurs! Just come whenever you want... gimme a call!