Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bring on Spring!

For once in my life I am truly excited for Spring to get here. Usually it just makes me sad to see the cold weather leave, but this year I've got my own yard where Blue and I can grow things and do pretty landscaping and plant lots of flowers. (Please notice that I did not say that I am excited for summer and the atrociously hot weather and humidity that goes along with it. Boo to summer!)

I'm extra excited at the moment because I ordered some plants this past weekend and I want them to get here so they can start growing and giving me happy feelings. Here's what I selected:

These are Fairy Lilies. They are small and pretty. Don't know where they're going yet.











This is Lily of the Valley. It grows well in shade and will be going in the bed to the left of our deck in the backyard.













This is a Clematis. It is a vine that grows on fences, trellis, etc. I tore down the honeysuckle on the fence where our gate is, and this pretty lady will be going there.

This is what the clematis looks like from far away on a fence.
Say hello to Lilac. Imagine a big bush full of these flower clusters and imagine it on the south side of my house where there is currently an ugly, half dead bush. If you've never smelled lilacs you're missing out, so when mine blooms you'll have to come over and have a sniffle for sure!
I think these are what I'm most excited about. They are field grade Gladiolas. We're gonna fill up one of the three raised beds that Blue put in in the backyard with fifty of these bulbs!! I'm hoping to have lots of cut flowers to share!
Oh, and I ordered a bunch of strawberry plants too. So exciting. There not coming till March though, so I've got to practice patience. Yea! for Spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds fantastic. i was a landscaper, you know. if you need any help let me know. we can trade your knowledge of decorating for my knowledge of landscaping.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Holy mother! Holy gladiolas!
Yea you.
Here I sit at my desk WISHING I was outside in the prettiness.

katandkarl said...

i adore them all - especially your favs - gorgeous.