Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What happened last week?

Yeah, I was a little MIA last week. It was mainly due to p-school (3 tests in one week= blahhh!), but some other stuff happend too.

First of all, I'm now part of the working world once again. I've been hired by St. Vincent hospital to work as an intern/tech. I'm not sure when I'll start, but when I do I'll be working second shift one day a week, that is until summer starts. Then I'll pick up a lot more hours (hopefully) because I have to start accruing interns hours (I'm responsible for getting 500 hours) so that I can take the licensing test when I graduate. All I know so far is that I'll be making I.V.'s in the clean room. It actually sounds like fun to me. We'll see.

In other news, and another reason I was not all here last week...My old back injury (two fractured vertebrae and a herniated disc in 2002) reared its ugly head again. It happened on Thur. m0rning in the shower without any provocation. There was just this pop all of a sudden and then I couldn't stand up straight for two days with pretty serious pain. I'm on the mend now just taking it easy around the house (luckily I'm on break this week). You can still feel the lump on my spine, but the pain is slowly subsiding. All this said, my public service announcement for the day is "Take care of your spine. It's important." Oh and here's a visual of what's going on in my back for your viewing pleasure:

Ouch!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

1. You've been doing fine on updating....! Don't let the guilt get to ya! We know you be busy and skrit.
2. YOWZA on the impingement or whatever. That looks awful.
3. CONGRAAAAATS on the jobbity job! I knew you'd get it. :)

Anonymous said...

yikes!

Chandle said...

That hurts me.

Unknown said...

and the best thing about st. vincent's is the soft-serve machine in the cafeteria! they have the best caf. of all the hospitals. i've had many a sunday lunch there...