Friday, September 29, 2006

Meet the Parent and then 7 Days of Death!

So, Blue's mom is coming into town (from Memphis) this weekend for the Big Dam Bridge bike race. This means that I will be meeting her for the first time. I'm a little anxious about it, not cause I don't think she'll be nice and all...it's just how I tend to react to new people. It is a tad stressful trying to get the house all clean and spiffed up, especially when my 7 Days of Death! is fast approaching.......

You may be wondering what this is. 7 Days of Death! consists of having to take four separate exams in seven days. This all starts this coming Wednesday. To top it off, one of the exams is a drug test that consists of knowing ~200 different drugs, their generic names, what they're indicated for, their dosing information, any adverse effects, etc., etc. This is one of only two exams in this class, so if you don't make a certain score on this first exam it will be mathematically impossible to pass the class! To heap on another serving of anxiety, in p-school if you end up not passing one of your classes you get to repeat the whole semester over again and since they don't offer fall classes in the spring you get to wait until next fall to repeat everything which ends up putting you a year behing. Can anyone say PRESSURE???!!!!!!

Luckily I think I'm still handling everything pretty well. There haven't been any major breakdowns......yet.

As you may have guessed you won't be hearing much out of me for the next week and a half. Have some fun in my honor and I'll be back here around the 11th.

(Um, wait a minute...its October?? When was it September??!!)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Notecards! Be the Mountie that you are! And good luck, lady.

katandkarl said...

if anyone can do it you can ms. leah! get your study on and we will see you when you resurface.

(p.s. i will be a the big dam bridge but i will be running!)

(p.s.s. september was a myth... didn't exist!)

Anonymous said...

even though I only went to Mount for a year, I knew Ms. Stull didn't know what she was talking about. highlight away...it's what got me through grad school!

p.s. this is jaime...you may remember me from..oooohhh...college. apparently i am a blog stalkery person. you can blame virginia...she never updates, so i click on all of her friends. :)

the gloria family said...

team leah! you can do it! i can't believe this is the first time you are meating his mom. well, good luck. be yourself and she will love you. um i want to go see a big dam bridge.