Thursday, April 19, 2007

To the OR, STAT!

My little sis Jill (pictured above before her most recent formal) was rushed to the ER last night for an emergency appendectomy. Everything went smoothly and she's doing well. She has one more round of IV antibiotics and then she'll be released this afternoon. They did the procedure laparoscopically (think little camera inside so they can see) so she only has three little stitches. I found this cool (it might only be cool to me since my brain is totally medical-ified, but whatever) illustration of what they did to her:

Though it is weird, I must say that I've wanted mine out since I was about nine. I'm just so curious about what it would be like to have surgery and this seems like a relatively safe and routine procedure. I suppose I'll just live vicariously through her. I'm just glad she made it through with flying colors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. so glad she is ok. i bet she was scared. i have always wanted mine out, too. i'd rather just do it and not go through the pain of needing to do it.

Elizabeth Spann said...

I always wanted my tonsils out. It sounded so cool.
Glad everything is alright!!

Unknown said...

did they let her keep it