Monday, April 03, 2006

The Arch

Before we went in (it was cloudy, which was disappointing, but it ended up creating some cool shots I'll show later).

These are the scary "space capsule" cars you had to ride in to get to the top. Jillian (my yougest sister) got a little teary-eyed. I'll have to admit, I was a little freaked out too.


This is as close as I could get to the observation windows once we were at the top. I'm afraid of heights due to an incident on the playground that happened when I was really little.

These next few are just some cool shots of the arch itself. The last one is my favorite.


That's enough for today. To be continued.......

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

The one and only time I went up the arch, I was scared out of my mind. Those little egg elevators are terrifying. They shake you all around and act like they will drop you at any second. I totally couldn't get any closer to the window either, Leah. I'm not so much afraid of heights as I am afraid of FALLING. Yikes.

katandkarl said...

cloudy days rock for picture taking... what a beautiful gateway to the west.

it can sway up to 18 inches!

Anonymous said...

Last time we went up the Arch it was really windy and you could totally feel the thing swaying back and forth while at the top!!! I almost started to cry, and I hate the space carts as well.