Tuesday, April 04, 2006

St. Louis Trip continued...

My most favorite place that we visited was the City Museum. A description won't even begin to do it justice (the pictures don't either). Just know that it is way cool, and if you are ever in St. Louis you totally need to go.
The coolest room. Above the ceiling is the maze of tunnels. I bruised my shin climbing through them, but I didn't care cause it was so great to feel like a kid again.

Peter and Jillian in one of the exposed tunnels.

You had to climb up this tube to get into the ceiling tunnel system.


Me and Jillian in a cage.

The next few were taken in the "Enchanted Caves" area of the museum.



After climbing up through the caves we came to this scary area (see below) where you just kept climbing up and up. The museum is a work in progress, so we were not able to get to the top of these spiral staircases. When we got as high as we were allowed, you could either slide down the middle spiral or climb back down the other two. Jillian was the only one brave enough for the slide.

The rest of the time at the museum was spent outside on this insane maze of metal climbing stuff (imagine walking across a 10-inch wide plank of iron grating or crawling through a metal mesh tube 50 feet up from the ground...Scary to say the least, but such a rush and soooo much fun!). It was dark though, so I don't have any pictures of the cool outside area. Just know, that if you're in St. Louis, you must visit this place (preferably at night...they're open till 12AM).

6 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

How fun! I've never even heard of that. Something to do next time...

Anonymous said...

You have convinced me Leah. Leslie and I are going to go soon. I can't believe I have been here for 3 years and never been. I don't even know where it is!!!!

Susan said...

It is sooo cool. I went to a wedding there. Please believe I climbed as much as my chiffon dress and heels would allow!

katandkarl said...

i actually used to work for this catering company (all thru high school) called windows on washington and they have the top floors of the museum building and the building next door and we used to cater events at the city museum all the time... it is quite fun!

esp. after hours! hehe!

Chandle said...

That looks so fun.

the gloria family said...

that looks frickin awesome!