Thursday, April 27, 2006

Uh...Say That Again??

So, get this. I called my mom on Friday when I got my acceptance letter to tell her the good news. She was excited and everything and then she said, "I've decided that I'm going to buy you a house." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sat there with my mouth hanging open for a second and then said, "What! Are you serious?" because this is totally not my parents style. Don't get me wrong. They've been good to me over the years and everything, but a house? I still don't really believe it. (BTW, Blue and I will pay rent to cover the mortgage. I'm not that spoiled! :) ) Anyhoo, we looked at several properties last weekend, but didn't find "the one" yet. We're going out on the search again this weekend. There are two promising homes on the list. One is in Hillcrest close to where Brooke and I lived and the other is in the Christ Lutheran area kind of near Kat, Karl, Eliz., and Annie's respective houses (Yea! We'd be neighbors!). I am totally over the moon with excitement. It's craziness I tell you, absolute craziness!!!! I'll be able to have dinner parties, redecorate the whole house whenever I want, have a garden, do landscaping...oh, and did I mention have dinner parties? I don't even have words to express my excited anticipation!!! Yahoo!

4 comments:

the gloria family said...

what?!?! i am soooo jealous. i want a house. i guess i will have to live vicariously through you, for now.

Anonymous said...

Freaking Sweet Action Leah!!! Leslie and I are looking for a house up here in St. Louis. Mortgage's and all that stuff are no fun at all.

Elizabeth Spann said...

WOW. That's completely amazing!! I'm jealous too. But move in near us!! That'd be fun!

Chandle said...

Me too, I can't believe you are also buying a house. I am so not 25 years old.