Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One viral cold, several choice purchases, and 6,000 familial arguments later....

I'm Back! I had a nice time on my recent trip up North to visit my Mom's family and celebrate my Grandfather's 70th birthday. It was quite relaxing spending several days at the family "lodge." We spent lots of time outdoors canoeing, swimming, etc. and I don't think I got one mosquito bite (they tend not to like me).

This is the lodge:














We also spent two days in Minneapolis doing some serious shopping. Though the Mall of America may seem ostentatious, it is quite impressive once you're in it. It's like Las Vegas for gamblers...nothing compares.

Last but not least, we spent copious amounts of time playing with and taking care of my new twin cousins. They're six months old and cute as buttons. My sister has hijacked the camera that has all of the pictures of them on it so I'll try and post some tomorrow.

And Finally, I want to do some hanging out this week...dollar draft night, margaritas and cheese dip, happy hour, anything! Whose down?

5 comments:

the gloria family said...

wow i want a family lodge. looks like you had fun. can't wait to see more pics.
i am totally down to hang out. just tell me when and where!

Unknown said...

i think perhaps your minnesota family should adopt me. i could "look after" the lodge...

Leah Billings said...

Dollar drafts at US pizza sounds delicious to me, but I always forget what night it is. Someone remind me.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Me! Me! I wanna hang out! Call me.

Susan said...

That lodge is beautiful. Seth and I are going to build and live in a log cabin one of these days.