Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Floral Awareness

Here's an updated photo of the progress we've made in our backyard:


Ha! I wish. This is actually Drummond Castle in Scotland....not my backyard, but we do have some new flowers blooming. See below. Now all I need is for the gladiolas to do there thing and then I'll be really pleased.




The lilies are starting to bloom. We've only had yellow and orange so far. I'm hoping for some red and white soon.



This is tigridia. They are my first bulbs to bloom (other than the tulips, but I cheated with those cause I bought them after they had already sprouted). Aren't they cool? They remind me of orchids.



You are getting very sleepy.....



Blue planted some zinnias from seed in his veggie gardens to attract the bees, and they've already begun to bloom. He has a knack for growing things from seeds (that I do not...none of the seeds I planted grew).



Our gardenia bushes (that came with the house) are blooming too. They smell amazing!



Finally, this snazzy little desert plant (can't remember the name) that I've carried around with me for two years now is still putting out flowers. The plant itself looks pretty dead, but if it is still giving us a show I guess it might make it another year.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

WOW Leah. You guys are amazing! I might need to hire your green thumb next year. I kill things. ALTHOUGH I do have a little flower bed going next to our door- you should come see it. :)

Chandle said...

pretty pretty, I'm jealous, I kill everything. Remember when I trie dto grow those strawberries and the birds kept eating them, so I bought a giant blow-up snake to scare them, but instead it scared the crap out of Christy.