Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just Call Me Bob Vila

A couple weeks before we moved to LR I decided to take on the task of stripping and refinishing an old hand-me-down dresser for the new bedroom. It was much cheaper than buying a new one and I tend to enjoy those kind of projects anyway. Well, it took a week and a half as well as some minor chemical burns and dead brain cells from toxic fume inhalation, but I'm pretty pleased with the end product. It's certainly not perfect, but for my first try at wood refinishing I think I did okay. Here are the before and after shots:

Before:















After:














I've also been spending lots of time the past few days during my vacatioin doing little projects around the new house. Yesterday I made some valances for my bedroom windows. Blue thought it was weird that they weren't gathered, but I'm going for a modern, minimalistic like feel in the room so I think I like the way that they turned out. What's your verdict?



















5 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ummmmmm I LOVE it! Make me something to make my house prettier!

Unknown said...

dude, i looked at this post last night before bed, and that dresser was totally in my dream (along with other things such as being in a knife fight and having only a bookbag to defend myself)...

brooke knight said...

SO cute. i really like your work on the dresser, and your bed, and the valances. basically, I LIKE YO' STYYYYLE!

-tulsa brooke

the gloria family said...

looks great! it's amazing how good things look when they actually go together.

Chandle said...

Cute cute cute.