Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Okay, so which one of you put an electricity hex on my house?

Our power went out again!! This time it was due to the big yet small storm that blew through Sunday afternoon. Apparently it disrupted power for about 3,500 customers including St. Vincent Hospital (cause my mom was working there at the time). This happened at about 4:30. I called Entergy and their cheerful recording stated that power will be restored sometime between now and 1AM. Needless to say, Jillian and I packed up our ingredients for Mac n' cheese and drove out to my parents house in Chenal (where it hadn't even rained!!). No more outages please!

The past weekend was good other than feeling mildly under the weather for most it.

-Friday I met up with the gang at Ciao Baci for some drinks and then proceeded with half of the group to go hang out downtown. It was a blast. Good times, my friends, good times.

-Saturday Blue and I hiked through the wilderness outside of Batesville with Trevor and Brooke and found a pretty cool climbing site. It was pretty hot and we were quite parched after the four miles we did, but it was good to get outside and do something that we haven't done much this summer (cause its been so stinkin' hot!).

-Sunday Jill came over and well, you already know the drama that ensued.

Now I'm just counting down the days until I give my life away to the pursuit of a doctorate. I've got two more days of freedom left before p-school orientations starts. I'd better go take advantage!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you guys made it up. we were so wiped out. oh, and i totally broke my car when i bottomed out (shite). when we went back out to the car later in the pm to go to dinner ALL of the oil was in the driveway. yeah. shite.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Yeah that storm did some SERIOUS damage 'round these parts. ALL of the air conditioners and computers were out. Both of which have not yet been revived in either of my classrooms. Hallelujah.