Monday, December 04, 2006

The Calm Before the Storm

This weekend was a good as I could make it under the present circumstances. I did have to do the necessary studying, of course, but I tried to mingle in some other activities so that the constant studying I'll be doing over the next two weeks doesn't seem so suffocating. I managed to get the inside of the house all decorated for the holidays. I intended to put lights up outside, too, but, well, I'll have to squeeze that in somewhere else. I cleaned about half the house. It's funny that cleaning is a form of procrastination when you're a p-student. I did some cooking too. I made a few things for my fams thanksgiving dinner during the break and that re-lit the fire that I have for being in the kitchen, so I decided to make a weeks worth of food to keep me fed while I'm preparing for finals. Here's what I made:

For breakfast:
-Chai Spice Bread
For Lunch:
-Creamy Chicken Salad w/ dill and smoked almonds
-White Bean Salad with red onion and lemon
For Dinner:
-homemade salsa
-Mexican torilla casserole
For Dessert:
-Chocolate walnut tart

Luckily enough it only took two hours to make it all, which left plenty of time to study last night. In a crazy moment of super procrastination while I was checking some facts on the internet though, I did this:

http://www.myspace.com/leahsota

Yeah, crazy indeed. I'm still working on the whole thing little by little and learning how to use it. It probably looks kind of empty right now, but it'll get better soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just made my tummy growl!

Anonymous said...

yummo!