Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Snip-its

-Um, yeah, so did the endless storm last night keep anyone else up? I didn't get out of bed until 10AM because my sleep had been so interrupted. Also, this giant piece of tree fell on our house. Luckily it didn't do any serious damage.

-Yea! My grades are in and my acceptance to Pharm school still stands. I came out with a B in organic (which I was quite surprised with...after the final I was totally expecting/praying for a C) and Calculus, and, the mother of all shocks, I came out with an A in physics. Don't ask me how...I still don't even remember taking the final.

-Double Yea! My little brother comes home today for the summer from Wash U in St. Lou. He's finally decided on a major...it's a double too...bio-medical engineering and German. Good for him. (He's the one of us five kids who got the super-brain.)

-I've picked up a couple more hours of baking at the restaurant and have also given them notice. My last day there will be June 3rd. I've applied to work at Christ Lutheran Summer Day Camp for the rest of the summer. It pays quite well and I've worked there before and have always enjoyed. (They pay you to go lay out at the pool twice a week for goodness sake!)

-Mozart is getting better everyday. He's mobile now and has even managed to scratch out one of the staples. We're having to watch him constantly to keep him away from the wounds. We're also thinking of changing his name to Uzi (warning-grossness ahead!) because the wounds the vet left open are still quite drippy (in a good clean way, not an infected way...but we still don't want it on the carpet). Mo thanks you all for your support.

-Super Triple Quadruple Fantastic Yea! I move to LR in a short 7 1/2 weeks! Like a nut, I've already started packing. Blue thinks I'm crazy, but I'm just so excited that I couldn't resist. Also, I've started to go a little interior design crazy. I'm picking out new furniture, finishes, accessories, window treatment, outdoor furniture, landscaping ideas...yeah, I can't really afford any of it at the moment. It's kind of like going to the dress department as a teenager and trying on expensive gowns even though you don't need one...a girl can dream (and I've started a savings plan).

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hooray for all of that! Man, we've got a bunch o' stuff going on! But glad it's all good!

Chandle said...

good job on your grades. I'm glad mozart is doing better. I was worried about him. Congrats on everything, Leah. I can't wait to see your fabulous house in person.

Unknown said...

thanks for the card, dude. of course batesville will do nothing to dampen our friendship...oh, and i've applied for a big-paying job in north carolina...i doubt i'll get it, but it's loads of money worth moving for...i'll keep you posted.
glad you're doing so well in school. i'd let you give me drugs.

the gloria family said...

yea for being a genius!