Monday, March 06, 2006

Physics is Trying to Kill Me! (and other weekend adventures)

This past weekend went by way too fast. The main event was having my baby sister Jillian (she's 15 now, but we all still consider her the baby of the family) spend the night at my house on Saturday. She's been begging me for months and I finally caved. She and Blue and I went out to dinner and then rented The Brothers Grimm (not so good) and Parenthood (one of my favorite movies from the late '80's). Other than that I spent the weekend getting a lot of stuff done so that I have nothing to distract me from the three remaining days I have to study before my second physics test coming up on Thursday.

Physics might just do me in this semester. Why do they even call it physics? It's just a another word for math class. I did not do so well on my first test and I'm having difficulty feeling confident that I'll do well on this second one. It's not that I don't have a good professor. She's totally cool, and she's interested in trying to teach so that we can learn the material. She's not some professor riding the high horse of his Phd whose only interested in impressing the class with his vast knowledge of physics at the cost of everyone's final grade in the class. The problem is that UCA has reduced the semester by two weeks over the past couple years, yet everyone is still trying to teach the same amount of material. Fast paced physics class plus trying to learn Organic chem. two and stay current with what's going on in calculus class = bad combination. Sorry for the rambling. I got to get it out somehow.

Maybe I'll try using this answer on my test.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

I avoided classes just like this as if it were the PLAGUE alllll the way through college. I learned my lesson when I did not do well in biology. Then I decided to take Astronomy for my second class, where the teacher gave extra credit for every day you actually attended. I think that's how I passed. Science/math=sooooo not my thing.

Chandle said...

Why do you need physics for pharmacy? Ewww. Yeah, Astronomy, remember when I lauged out loud because I was reading David Sedaris instead of watching the professor. I think even David made an A in her class. I don't mean that the way it sounded.

Unknown said...

hey dude, that cartoon made me recall donna esh's response to a question on the biology ap exam (not that that's related so much...): "because of the punnett square."
chin up, you'll make it through.