Sunday, June 04, 2006

Endings, Beginnings, Endings, Beginnings...

Yea! School is officially over, complete, done (until fall)! I finished accounting with flying colors, and now that I have completed ALL the necessary requirements, I will officially, to the most certain degree, be attending UAMS this fall. Sweet!

I've also completed my last day of baking at the restaurant. I'll miss it, but I won't miss the crazy old woman that I shared baking duties with. What a loon! The owner asked me what it would take to get me to stay...I said raise my salary to $25 an hour with benefits and buy a brand new oven ( to replace the P.O.S that they have right now). He rejected that offer. I was kind of kidding but not really cause, heck, I'm worth it!

Tomorrow morning, bright and early at 7am, I begin taking care of a kindergarten classroom (all by my lonesome!) at Camp Falcon (Christ Lutheran School's summer day camp). I'm excited to meet all of my kiddos this summer. Hopefully I'll have some cool ones. I've got lots of plans for our class this summer, which I'm sure I'll describe in a later post.

I have a feeling that this summer is gonna go by very quickly, but I also have a feeling that it's gonna be tons of fun! Let's hope so.

**!!!!!24 days till the Little Rock exodus!!!!!** Yahoo!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Congrats on finishing school, Leah! Fabulous! Have fun at Camp Falcon!!

Chandle said...

It must be nice to be done with school. Good work! Have fun with the kids. Kindergarten is the best anyway.

Unknown said...

dude. contra dancing is kind of like square dancing, but i think it's more fun. you change who you're dancing with all the time, but you still keep your same partner (throughout one dance)...you just have new "neighbors" to dance with (think, "swing your neighbor" in addition to "swing your partner). wild fun and sweaty calorie burning. i don't think they've got it around here, though. but there is some in little rock.

Anonymous said...

Congraduatioins! Ha. never gets old. See you soon, say hi to Blue.