Thursday, June 22, 2006

What is that smell?? (times 2)


Ah, the joys of working with kindergarteners...

So two days ago we were having free-time in the classroom and some of the kids started yelling about a bad smell. I didn't pay much attention because we have a few boys who have yet to mature enough to be embarassed when they pass gas, so they usually just let it fly. After a minute or two passed I started to smell something too. I noticed one of the boys sitting alone so I went over to check things out, and lo and behold there was a toxic cloud of stinkiness surrounding him. That's right folks...he had pooped his pants! I won't go into detail because I'm sure you can imagine just how much fun I had dealing with the situation.

But wait...it gets better.

The next day, at around the same time for goodness sake, I started smelling a familiar foul odor. I looked around the room and the same little boy was off by himself with a grim look on his face. Yes, indeed. He had pooped his pants...AGAIN! I was shocked, flabergasted, and horrified at the prospect of having to go through the clean up ordeal two days in a row. Blehhh!

Luckily, we made it through today without any accidents. Lets just say that this is affirming my desire not to have children anytime soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he does it again I would rub his face in it. Kind of like training a dog. You got to be able to hold your stuff at that age. Which is probably why they gave me Jr. high kids when I worked at camp falcon.

the gloria family said...

oh no, poor kid. that sucks you had to clean it up, though. are these kids going into kindergarten or first grade next year?

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! The poopy kid.
PS, I know some people not "mature enough" to hold it in too. Not the poopy. But the poot-y.

Chandle said...

oh NO, Cody is anonymous. Maybe he was sick?