Friday, October 12, 2007

Butternut Squash don't mess around.

  • I decided to make some butternut squash soup last night for dinner since fall is officially here and it turned out to be a major aerobic workout. Butternut squash is some serious $#%*!! First of all its really hard (even the inside) and then you have to take the really hard peel off of the really hard flesh with out stabbing or slicing yourself. Not an easy task even for someone familiar with a chef's knife. It all worked out in the end though. I didn't sustain any cuts and the soup was delicious.

  • I wish dogs had a better sense of reason. I woke up this morning to find not just one but two puddles of dog barf. Did I find them on any of the hard floors we have throughout our house? No, I found them smack dab in the middle of the lovely wool rug in our living room, the only real rug we have in the entire house. Good going mozart. I just hope we can find a way to get the spots out. No luck so far.

  • Woohoo!! I've decided on a halloween costume! I'm breaking out the sewing machine this year and it's gonna be a big undertaking, so wish me luck cause I don't have a lot of free time as it is already. If I can pull it off, it has the potential to be spectacular. Here's my inspiration:
Have I told you how excited I am about this propect?!! Well just to reiterate: I'm tremendously excited! And, no, Blue will not be dressing up as King Louis. We do have a pretty good idea for him though, but for now I'll keep that under wraps. Oh, I can't wait till halloween!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

HOLY GOODNESS that's going to be incredible. I can't wait to see it!!
Dogs always barf on the only little bit of rug in the whole house. It makes NO sense to me.

Chandle said...

That is so great. You can pull it off, especially with your famous sewing skills.

melissa said...

let me just say that i am SUPER pumped about your consistent updates lately. i l-o-v-e it! that costume sounds like quite an undertaking, but i bet it's going to look awesome!

katandkarl said...

um butternut squash?!!?!? YUM! review of the final product - was it worth the work out!!?!

Leah Billings said...

Yes! It was quite delicious. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. Its the first one of the list when you do a search for butternut squash soup, if you're interested.