Monday, October 01, 2007

Have you seen my spare time?

Yeah, me either.
School has been brutal these past two weeks...not life threatening, just all-consuming. I went through my first round of tests without any major injuries and have already started preparing for the next round that starts next week. I also had to intern every morning last week in the UAMS outpatient pharmacy. It was an enlightening experience. I had not had much one-on-one interaction with patients up until that point. I learned two main things: There are huge...HUGE problems with the current entity that is health insurance in America (bad huge), and that a lot of people don't understand their own health. Regarding the second one, I've decided that it should be a mandatory part of secondary and post-secondary education to have to take a basic anatomy and physiology course. I'm mean, heck, they make us take algebra twice (once in high school and once in college) and I certainly don't use that on a regular basis. Why not also require people to learn about something that's going to impact the amount of time they get to be alive? Just a thought.

On a more fun note concerning the past two weeks, I got to make Jaime and Ryan's wedding cake for their wedding last weekend! You've probably already seen the photos from the event on Elizabeth's blog, so I'll just give you one during construction:
(Fun fact: It took about six pounds of icing to do the whole cake.)

In other fun news, my sister Katie got a new puppy that is one of the cutest I've ever seen in my life. His name is Bruno and he is a pomeranian. He is afraid of Mozart's tail, but has a very loud bark for such a little guy. He's also camera shy, so these are the best shots I could get:

(Side note: That's Jill, not Katie.)

They came over on Thur. to watch the Grey's season premier. I just don't know anymore. I was very disappointed and let down with the finale as a whole last season, and questioned whether I would continue watching the show this time around, and I must say, things were not looking good during this new episode. It did pick up during the last three minutes of the show, but still....at the end I just felt like "of course George was gonna tell Izzy he loved her and Meredith was going to continue to act like a bipolar emotional whacko with Derek." Anyone else feeling this way or is it just me?

3 comments:

kristen said...

yay; leah, we've missed you. i agree about grey's. personally i am pissed at what that show did to callie. such a great fun character...wasted.

melissa said...

leah you're back! thank goodness. : ) i love that you make things like cake... maybe i could commission a cake sometime...

Elizabeth Spann said...

Helloooo Leah! I can't believe you had six pounds of icing for that cake... INCREDIBLE. Sure was tasty tho!
Grey's will get better. I can feel it. I heart Callye.