Thursday, October 11, 2007

Embarrassed!

Blue and I have started jogging lately and we did this little hill in Alsopp park the other day and it made my calf muscles quite sore. I was walking to my car yesterday after class which involves stepping over this chain barrier (picture single links of chain strung between wooden posts) and I guess because of the pain in my leg my body decided not to lift my foot up high enough and my toe caught on the chain and down I went into the dirt. Luckily, there was no one in my direct vacinity to see it up close, but I'm sure the groups of people walking about 40 yards behind me witnessed my grace none the less. It's laughable now, but at the time I was pretty mortified. It's funny how our brains react to embarrassment. There's this moment of shock at what just happened and then it's like "get up, get up!! just keep walking, don't look behind you, just go, escape, run! and then your conscience has to step in and say "it's not the end of the world, just remain calm and go on about your business. No one will remember this tomorrow...we hope." Oh embarrassment, what would we do without you?

3 comments:

melissa said...

leah that suuuuucks. my sister emailed me this morning and told me that she literally ran into her boss this morning carrying a full cup coffee and is now drenched in it basically from head to toe. it's been awhile since i've fallen down (knock on wood... it'll probably happen today), but the next time i do i'll try to laugh.

katandkarl said...

if it makes you feel better i completely BUSTED it in my step class last week. like completely fell off the step and on the ground while everyone in the room (OF MIRRORS) gasped and then proceeded to ask if i was alright. AHHH!! i'm so clumsy sometimes!

Elizabeth Spann said...

I trip almost daily (really, ask Jeremy, I have problems with balanace). ;) HOWEVER, if I had been within a 1 mile radius of said incident, I would have seen it. And probably laughed (after I made sure you were ok). Kristen, my sister, and I have problems with ALWAYS seeing people fall and having an uncontrollable urge to laugh. Makes no sense, I know. ;)