Sunday, November 06, 2005

You'll Never Guess What I had for Dinner Tonight...

That's right folks...I had one of the classic 1950's fried chicken TV dinners that comes with corn and mashed potatoes. Who would have thought! Anyway, here's the story behind it all. So, I was at the grocery store picking up the usual...dog food, tea, fruit...when I started thinking about what to have for dinner tonight. Fried chicken crossed my mind and sounded good since I haven't eaten it in about a year, but then I thought no, because it's so messy to make. I happened to be in the frozen food isle and saw the frozen dinners out of the corner of my eye. I haven't had one since I was like 6, so I figured what the heck. Surprisingly, it was good (in a sick kind of way.) I'll probably be waiting until 18 more years from now to have another one though. What'd you have for dinner?

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ha, ha. You're funny. Frozen dinners are, like, SO beneath you, Leah! I bet it was tasty though.
Katie and I went to La Hacienda for some CHEESE DIP last night and margaritas as big as our heads. Mmmmm! :)

Anonymous said...

What would Martha say if she knew about this Leah? She would be quite disappointed.

the gloria family said...

i made potato salad for the first time ever. i just guessed and it turned out really yummy. you would have been so proud.

Unknown said...

yucky! you know nothing compares to aunt margie's fried chicken...we should make her make us some. don't i always say that???