Sunday, January 01, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Whew! What a busy last couple of weeks it has been. Things are starting to get back to normal and I finally found some spare time to blog. My Christmas was spectacular (see photos below). I hope yours was too. My sisters were in from Denver, so we had lots of family time all week. I received some great gifts and had lots of delicious food. We saw The Chronicles of Narnia too. It was pretty good but not as good as The Lord of the Rings. (This was a huge argument among me and my siblings.) 2005 has been a great year. The best moment for me was quitting my job with Stephens and going back to school. I am so happy where I am right now and can’t wait for what is coming next. Happy New Year to everyone!

Oh yeah, I also have a new part-time job (to help pay the Christmas credit card bill). I’m the new baking assistant at Stoby’s Restaurant in Conway. As most of you know, I’ve worked here before. I used to bake the desserts for the restaurant. The old women that I trained is still there, but she is slow so they’ve hired me to come in on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings to try and keep the desserts fully stocked so she doesn’t get behind. We’ll see how it works out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so i entered myself in the prof. bull riders association contest to try to win tickets for us. i entered trevor too since you can only do one entry a person. go to the kark website and look on the right margin. they're giving away like 60 tickets.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hooray, Leah!! PS, Narnia was way better than L.o.t.R. :) I just loved the story SO much as a kid, so my view is skewed.

the gloria family said...

where were you for new years? we missed you.

Leah Billings said...

Blue and I had a little spat when he got home from work and then neither of us felt like going out again. We suck, I know.