Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ballroomorama!

I'm only taking three classes this semester, but it feels like five. Maybe its because I have class everyday, where as last semester class was only on M, W, & F. Having a job this semester probably doesn't help either. Even with all my busy-ness, I did make time for one guilty pleasure this week. Now, I never mentioned this when the show was on this past summer because of the ridicule I thought I would face, but I'm prepared to handle it now. I'm absolutely in love with Dancing with the Stars! Okay, go ahead and say what you will. It just makes me so excited. Whenever I finish watching an episode, I bounce and spin around the house trying to get Blue to dance with me. If I had the spare time and the spare funds, I would totally sign up for private dancing lessons. I must have been a ballroom dancer in a past life. They should develop a new show called Dancing with Regular People. I would be the first one in line.

Which ballroom dance are you?
I am the Foxtrot! Yahoo!


10 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

I'm the jive, baby. Whooooo! And, um, Annie and I have totally been watching that show. Karl and Kat made fun of us last night, but whatever. I just get so happy when they do well! :)

the gloria family said...

i am the foxtrot too! i never would have suspected that from you, leah. maybe you and i should sign up for ballroom dancing. i'd love to learn. i'm not sure that jr cares about that at all. jr and blue can sit on the side in folding chairs and watch.

Susan said...

I'm the Foxtrot as well. Seth and I watched the first two dances last night. I asked him if he thought he could do that when they were tango-ing. He said (and I quote), "Uh, yeah, but I don't know why I'd want to." It was funny. He followed with, "that's what you got when you married a country boy." We have talked about taking a couples dancing class though. More of the two-step and waltz than tango material, we are.

brooke knight said...

i watched it last season- i would love to learn to dance!

Unknown said...

ashley and i are both the foxtrot, too. it brings me back to the good (hack!) ol' days of little rock junior cotillion with the white gloves, fancy (hand-me-down) dresses, and smelly boys (i NEVER, not once, got a cute dance partener...not in 3 freakin years)! so i found it pretty funny that i'm a dance i've actually learned to do.

Anonymous said...

Sweet..I am the jive. It looked like fun watcing them last night! I watched it for the first time last night b/c my Mom said it was fun! I enjoyed it, however John had to leave the room!

Leah Billings said...

Kristen, as soon as I move back to LR we should totally look into taking a class!

the gloria family said...

that would be awesome! i'm in.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Whenever you girls have a recital I'm totally coming. And taking pictures.

katandkarl said...

ok aparantly i am crazy.

See below:

You are the Quickstep. One of the most energetic of the Standard dances, the Quickstep involves a lot of fast footwork and hopping kicks and runs across the entire length of the floor. It is a vigorous dance and probably one of the more entertaining of the standard dances to watch in competition.

Can you see me doing this? haha. i am so clumsy and UN-dancey. i would fall on my face.

p.s. i will also make kristen and leah's recitals.