Monday, January 30, 2006

Procrastination is not such a good idea after all...

You may remember my post a few weeks back about procrastinating on getting my pharmacy school application sent in. Well, don't worry, it made it there by the deadline (actually five whole days before). The bad news is that I've been notified that I'm lacking one of the required classes. Actually it's not a specific class. There's just this category of classes of which I have to have six hours, and I only have three. One of the options is a logic class, and I took a philosophy class in 2002 that was based in logic. I unfortunately made the mistake of thinking it was the same class when, yea, it really wasn't. The class that counts toward completing the pharmacy requirements is 2310 and the class I took was 2325. Long story short (too late, I know), it looks like I'll have to take one more class this summer. Luckily the class I want to take is offered during summer intersession (3 hours of class five days a week for three weeks), so if all goes as planned, I'll only be stuck in Conway until June 3. I guess it could be much worse.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Argh! I hate that! You've had quite a time with this whole thing, huh (with your test and all...)? Well, that's ok- a little more time won't hurt. Will they still accept your application contingent on you completing that class?

Susan said...

Did you have an advisor? I've found that most college advisors suck. It took me an extra semester to graduate cause mine failed to "advise" me of several "necessary" classes.

the gloria family said...

no leah, we miss you. that sucks. well, it will go by fast. you'll be living in lr before you know it.