Monday, January 16, 2006

Thanks MLK for a day of school vaca...


No, really, it is an important holiday, and because I'm sure you all know that, I'll forego the tribute speech. Blue and I had a fabulous day, relaxing and (wait for it, wait for it) SHOPPING! I'm know, you don't believe me, but somehow I convinced him to go clothes shopping. It turned out to be a successful trip. He scored a new pair of jeans (he hasn't had a new pair since 2001!), a new button-down, and a new khaki jacket. Yea! It took some eloquent convincing on my part to get him to purchase the stuff, but he finally caved in. He just doesn't like spending a lot of money on himself. Anyway, look for a stylish new Blue coming soon to a theater near you!
When we got home I decided to make some banana bread and apple crisp. I love baking. It's like therapy for me. Whenever I need to chill, I go bake. I wish I had more people near by to eat all this stuff though. Needless to say I'm looking forward to getting back into Survivor potluck night. I got some hip new serving pieces for Christmas that I can't wait to use. Yahoo! February 2nd isn't that far away!

6 comments:

the gloria family said...

i have missed your baked goods. i need me some leah treats.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Stylish Blue, how exciting. Isn't toothpaste for dinner fun?

katandkarl said...

yea. seriously. you guys should move to LR and feed us all your goodies! yum!

now drooling for nanner bread!

Chandle said...

Iwish I could eat it for you. 2001? Oh my GOD! HOw is that even possible. He hasn't bought a pair of jeans in 5 years! When I get rich and famous, I'll buy you some jeans, Blue. And I'll hire you to cook for me, Leah. It's settled.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hey-
We're planning a birthday/Survivor night extravaganza for all of us... we will keep you posted on details. By the way, what are you doing this weekend?

Susan said...

hahaha...your header ryhmes.