Friday, September 23, 2005

Sweet Mother of God, I'm glad that's over!

Yeah, so, I just finished taking my first organic chemistry exam. I actually think that I did well, but the process necessary for a good score almost killed me. I had to be able to do things like give the molecular name for the following compounds:


That's right folks...no letters, no numbers, just sticks. I also had to be able to draw the structures when given names like:

1-methyl-2-(1-methylethyl)cyclohexane or

1-bromo-4-isopropyl-3-methylcyclopentane

And these are just the highlights. To make things even more exciting I also had two other tests today. Needless to say, I'm gonna need a stiff drink tonight. Anyone with me?

4 comments:

the gloria family said...

leah come to my house tonight. we are going to be watching america's next top model on dvr and drinking. it will be fun. by the way, thank you for reminding me why i can't become a pharmacist.

Chandle said...

i am so jealous of the model drinking party. Just think about how rich you will be soon.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Uhhhh you just spoke a foreign language to me. Thank you, Mr. Cranford for not teaching me anything in AP Chemistry. If he didn't curve the tests we ALL would have failed. That's right, folks- I got a 1 on my AP exam. That means I got my name right. Whoo hoooooo!

Unknown said...

yes, here's to the cran man. talk about curves...one test i scored a 12 and it was curved to an 82...that's right...