Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tug of War!














So, I've been thinking about adopting a dog orphaned by the hurricane. I decided to look at the humane society web site yesterday, and I fell in love with this guy. His name is boyd. He's one year old, and they say he is friendly and playful. He's only 30 pounds (not to big, not too small) and neutered. He's sooo cute!
After looking at him on the net, I sat down and really thought about whether or not it would be a good idea to adopt him, hence the tug of war that is now going on in my brain. My heart says yes because I love dogs, he and Mozart could become buddies, and he's a beautiful little guy who's just the size I am looking for. My intellect says no because I'm a poor college student, I may have to move into an apartment in Little Rock next year, and I travel a handfull of times each year and don't feel right having to board him (and my family would not be willing babysit).
Alas!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

I say yes. Do it! Boyd will be a good addition to the fam. You can find an apt. in LR that will let you have dogs... OR you and I can get a house with a fence. I've been wanting a dog too. My apartment will only let me have cats. Yuck. :)

Anonymous said...

I say YES! We can always watch the dog because we are planning on finishing our fencing so we can get a dog of our own! Kat is soooooo excited!

Unknown said...

you should totally do it! i'd love to live vicariously through you as a dog mom. sure, it may be harder to find a place that will let you have a dog in little rock, but they're out there.